AutoCAD Civil 3D General

B-Klopp
Message 1 of 3 (542 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pipe Network Lost grips

542 Views, 2 Replies
05-18-2012 11:34 AM

I’m having problems editing my pipe network in Civil 3D 2012, as you can see below some of the network parts have all the grips after editing while some of the pipes can only be edited once before I lose the grips. I have tried purge/audit, recover and the bug fix for sp1 that caused pipes to disappear. Does anyone know what might be causing my problem and if there is any way to fix it?

01.JPG

Contributor
cwelkusl
Message 2 of 3 (539 Views)

Re: Pipe Network Lost grips

05-18-2012 11:50 AM in reply to: B-Klopp

I believe I had this issue in 2011.

I don't remember exactly what the fix was but I think it had to do with the end elevations.  Specifically what happened to me was, my horizontal layout changed slightly so I had to drag the pipes to match the new linework.  After dragging it once I also lost the grips for the ends.

I ended up redrawing the pipes.  However when I ran into this problem again, I had noticed that the elevations had gone to some ridiculous elevation of -1.52 or something.  So when I edited the pipe properties and set the elevations back to what they should be, voila, pipe grips re-appeared.  At least that's what I think it was that fixed the problem.  It was a few months ago, and I may be remembering it poorly.

Hope that helps?!

Chris Welk
Urban Systems Ltd.
Engineering Technologist (Civil)/CADD Applications Developer
B-Klopp
Message 3 of 3 (535 Views)

Re: Pipe Network Lost grips

05-18-2012 12:01 PM in reply to: cwelkusl

It was the elevations, I drew it in profile view and was able to get back my grips.

Thanks for the help

Brandon 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs