AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
JeremyUF
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)

Pipe Network Data Shortcuts incorrect inverts

116 Views, 2 Replies
10-10-2013 08:31 AM

I have a source drawing with a proposed surface, alignment, and pipe network.  When I data shortcut these objects into a new drawing, everything comes in correctly except the pipes.  The inverts are incorrect.  The pipes maintain correct slope, just the inverts on both ends are off.  The structures they are attached to have the correct rim and sump.

I have included a screen shot of the properties box for the same pipe in the source and referenced file.

I'm at a loss.  I have made sure the parts list and rules are identical in both files.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (112 Views)

Re: Pipe Network Data Shortcuts incorrect inverts

10-10-2013 08:41 AM in reply to: JeremyUF

Check your parts list again. The properties displayed on the right shows an inner diameter of 0"

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Contributor
JeremyUF
Message 3 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: Pipe Network Data Shortcuts incorrect inverts

10-10-2013 08:56 AM in reply to: JeremyUF

Hmm... that is definitely the problem.  All my inverts are off by the diameter of the pipe.  The parts list are identical.  I dragged the parts list from the settings tab into my file 'test.dwg'.  The pipe network 'proposed drainage' in my test file uses the parts list 'FDOT Drainage', however, in the settings tab, it doesn't look like it is use (no orange triangle).  See attached.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs