Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Labels display 180 and mirror image

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
StumpMasterFlex
926 Views, 12 Replies

Pipe Labels display 180 and mirror image

I created a project from scratch.  I created some pipe labels showing our companies arrow block in label the and set it to Grade Check.  It worked great.  It point in the downward slope and at the end of each pipe.  No issue.  I copied the label style to an existing project I inherited and did not set up.  In that project, certain variables for pipe and structure labels display  backwards or mirror image.   I can't figure it out.  I copy those  same structure and pipe labels to a new project and they display fine.

Also when I create a profile view the numbers for my vertical elevations in the profile are backwards (but plot fine).  The labels mentioned above do not plot fine.  I have also copied items from another project and they came in mirror image including the text.

Any ideas?  

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil Design Technologist (Exploration Technologist)
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
32. GB
64-bit Oepration System, x64-based processor
No Pen or Touch Input
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

On the screen shot North is to the top of the screen).  You can see that MH 2's SE invert (83.76) is lower than MH104 NW Inv (83.91).  And MH 104's E invert (84.19) is lower than CB/MH 1's west invert (84.30).  Yet the arrows are still displaying in the wrong direction.  Other things are displaying 180 or mirror image.  I have also displayed the label definition for label in question.  Any help would be appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 3 of 13

Also, the project's that display the arrows and labels incorrectly were created in AutoCAD 2010 or less.  Then opened and worked in Civil 3D 2013.   The projects that display the arrows and labels correctly were created solely in 2013.  A colleague said that a macro error message came up when try to edit the label arrows?

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 4 of 13
troma
in reply to: StumpMasterFlex

Seeing mirror imaged text makes me think: are you in bottom view, looking up at the project instead of being in top view looking down?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 13
Jeff_M

Make sure your pipe flow directions are correct. Just because your inverts are correct does not mean the flow direction is defined as uphill to downhill....
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 13
StumpMasterFlex
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff I tried that this morning.  I forgot about pipe direction so thanks for the input.  Unfortunately, that did not fix the issue.  It did switch the direction but the arrows were facing upstream when i defined upstream being the opposite direction.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 7 of 13
StumpMasterFlex
in reply to: troma

Thanks Troma, good idea but my view is currently set to top.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 8 of 13
Jeff_M

Can you post your drawing? If so, and it's too big to attach here, you might consider using Dropbox and posting the link to it.

EESignature
Message 9 of 13
StumpMasterFlex

Here it is.  In other drawings these issue's do not occur with these label types.  But in this drawing they do.  I can't figure out why.

1/ The blocks we posted for our flow arrows are not displaying in the downward slope.  Label type in question "PR Plan Storm Detailed"

2/ In the profile you will notice the structure labels are pointing down and not up.  Label type in question "FUT Prof STM TOP CL"  I drew in cyan how I want it to look.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 10 of 13
Jeff_M

You have both the FlowDirectionArrow and the Block component set to rotate by the GradeCheck Expression. Set the one for the flow direction to 0 and it straigtens things out. Also, the expression is backwards, use less than 0 instead of greater than. Note that some will still look incorrect, but that is due to some of the inverts look like they need to be adjusted.

EESignature
Message 11 of 13
StumpMasterFlex

Thank you so much for your input Jeff.  It sounds like it worked for you but unfortunately it did not resolve the issue on my computer.  I tried changing one to 0 and that did not work then I changed the other to zero and first one back to Grade Check and it still did not work.  I checked a job were they are displaying correctly and both are set at Grade Check. 

I also don't understand why the structure label in the profile is upside down.   I inherited this job and I think it might be something in the drawing setup.  I can't seem to think of anything else.

Thanks for help either way.

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 12 of 13
StumpMasterFlex

Hi Jeff, I got some time so I wanted to revisit this issue.  Were do I change the expression to >0 ?

Kindest Regards
Michael,
Civil 3D 2013
Windows 8
32. GB
No Pen or Touch Input
Message 13 of 13
Jeff_M

Find the Pipe Label expressions in Settings and right-click:

12-4-2013 6-06-54 PM.png

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report