Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Pipe Label Style

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
n2itive
444 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Label Style

Ok, bout ready to throw the computer out the window! I have a pipe label style which in 2009 was set up to include a part "description" field based off the parts catalog. So as an example it would read 120' OF 18" PVC STORM @ 0.00%. Where the 18" PVC (coming from the description field) was looking at the part name, under the PVC Pipe tab within our network parts list catalog. Now in C3D 2011 this same style, with the same parts list catalog shows up as this: 120'  PVC Pipe STORM @ 0.00%. Anybody know how I can make it go down one more level to show the actual part size name? I've tried pretty much all the related fields  (Name, Desc, Network Name, Part Size Name) none give me the results I am looking for and had in C3D 2009.  The closest I can get is the "Part size name" which will give me 18.0 inch PVC Pipe. I just simply want it to say 18" PVC which is the part name within the catalog. Any ideas?

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: n2itive

Check in the help, you can change how the naming convention is (think it was new to 2010) it obviously has changed in your file.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
n2itive
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Thanks.... Yup, you can select if you want to use the size name from parts list as description. Located within the Pipe Network Feature Settings. I knew it was somthing pretty simple... that's what makes it so frustrating.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā