Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Invert Labels in Profiles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dbill2508
1794 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Invert Labels in Profiles

I am trying to place my pipe invert labels at the actual point of the invert. When using the pipe label style composer, I have selected Anchor Point to be "Bottom Inner Diameter". Why is it that the label style still imports into the center of the pipe? No matter which anchor point I choose the label still inserts to the middle of the pipe. Is there a hidden setting that I am missing?

Thanks.

Bill H.

Civil 3d 2013 under development

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: dbill2508

I don't think there's a way around it.  When you anchor to inside bottom, the label moves to the invert, but the grip remains at centerline. It sucks because the leader, if used, will point to the centerline.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza

The x & y offset and probably an expression should get you where you want to be

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 7
castled071049

Are you trying to label the pipe inverts at the ends of the pipes? Or sonewhere in between?

Message 5 of 7
dbill2508

Correct, I am trying to label them at the ends of the pipe. We used to use a multileader with a spline leader and invert elevation. But now when you use the style in dragged state the leader only stays in the center of the pipe.

Message 6 of 7
castled071049

If you are trying to label them at the pipe ends, there must be a connecting structure between them. (Perhaps a Null Structure, at the very least.) Why not label the structure? The labels will appear at the pipe ends automatically.

Message 7 of 7
dbill2508
in reply to: castled071049

Visual time. Red leader is what I get. Brown Leader is what my company wants.

Attempting to use the offsets and expressions gets the text to move but not the dragged state leader connection, unless I am doing them wrong.

The work around currently being used is to hide the dragged state leader and then add our own after placing the text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report