Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Hatching Dissapearing?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
t_mckenzie
443 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Hatching Dissapearing?

First - I'm using C3D 09 with all the updates. I have checked quickly for a possible sollution on the threads already and weren't able to find it.

OK, now that those are addressed, I am having an issue with my pipe hatching dissappearing when I connect it to a structure. See the two attached pics for clarity.

Any fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Tucker McKenzie

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Duckman1
in reply to: t_mckenzie

Are you really using a hatch pattern or a shade?  You could also use a polyline.

Message 3 of 5
t_mckenzie
in reply to: Duckman1

It is a C3D pipe style that I have set up to draw the outside walls and hatch to them. See attached.

Message 4 of 5

Tucker,

I recall having similar problems with 2009. The attached png files show my work around.

Using centerline as hatch is kind of a stretch, but it is seemed to always be there.

I had the best results (in 2009) having Clean up pipe to pipe connections cleared.

Maybe this concept will work for you.

Pipes get friendlier to use in later releases.

Good Luck,

Kyle

Message 5 of 5

Another work around.

Creating a Null Structure or call it a No Plot Structure will help display the pipe better at wyes and bends.

Rather than a pipe to pipe connection which I recall to be a factor in hatch problems.

Layering these seperate from the other structures will allow for the structure to be frozen.

Turning the display off and freezing the layer should produce a pipe to pipe look in most cases.

Some angles will not cooperate very well and may have to just put solid hatch over the corners.

This concept might work with the pipe styles you have already.

Just a thought that worked for me in the past.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report