Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Hatch Display Order

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ski2highsociety
887 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe Hatch Display Order

In profile I would like to show the 'Inside Pipe Walls' line on top of the 'Pipe Hatch' is this possible, search some threads haven't found a solution.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pcchenard
in reply to: ski2highsociety

I'm having the same issue (2012).  I opened up my drawing in C3D 2014 and it still has this problem with the hatch being on top of the pipe lines.  I thought this would be fixed by now.

Message 3 of 6
mjung
in reply to: pcchenard

Came to the forums today for a solution to this issue. Apparently I'm not the only one. So much for using a solid hatch to distinquish my water pipe.

Why would Autodesk think having the hatch on top of the pipe be an ideal situation. Maybe they didn't think anyone would use a screened solid hatch.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 4 of 6
pcchenard
in reply to: mjung

@mjung wrote:

Came to the forums today for a solution to this issue. Apparently I'm not the only one. So much for using a solid hatch to distinquish my water pipe.

Why would Autodesk think having the hatch on top of the pipe be an ideal situation. Maybe they didn't think anyone would use a screened solid hatch.

I have no idea.  I'm beginning to wonder why we are paying them thousands and thousands of dollars every year for subscription software when they don't even fix stuid crap like this.  There is NEVER a time when you want the hatch on top of the lines.  NEVER!

Message 5 of 6
mjung
in reply to: pcchenard

Further digging has this issue being mentioned all the way back to when C3D was introduced. You would think that after 8 or so years this bug would have been fixed.  My workaround for this was to use a dense dot pattern instead of the more efficient solid hatch to achieve a look that is somewhat acceptable.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 6 of 6
ski2highsociety
in reply to: mjung

I would appreciate a respose to this from a expert elite or autodesk rep, so I can know where I stand.

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report