Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Description not available in Pipe Data Band?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
245 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Description not available in Pipe Data Band?

... or is it just me? I tried using the "Basic" Pipe Profile Band Style, which has a field for Pipe Description in it, and the label just spat out a blank at that point. I deleted that field in the Text Component Editor and went to reinsert it but it wasn't there in the drop-down list to reinsert, suggesting that it can't be accessed by the Pipe Band (though why is a mystery).

Has anyone successfully used the Pipe Description in the Pipe Profile Band? I've got workarounds using other label types, I'd just like to check that I'm not alone in not being able to use this one.

Trevor
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to get the option back by typing <[Description(CP)]> into the text component. Once typed in it will magically appear as an option.

I'm not running 07, :o( , so I can't say for sure that this will in fact work but I've used this a few times in 06 to get 'Description' into a label style that didn't offer it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Agreed, that will force it back into the drop-down list, but will it then access the pipe's info and insert the pipe's description into the band? My experimenting says no. But I'm getting other peripheral issues, nothing that's causing crashes or anything too spectacular, but enough to wonder if it's only happening to me.

And, just out of incredulity, why aren't you running 07, Mark?

Trevor
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

yeah, forcing in a code doesn't always yield good results. But, occasionally you do get lucky and it works. (like pasting the scale code into a different component of a profile view style)

*And, just out of incredulity, why aren't you running 07, Mark?*

Fell off the subscription band wagon back when 07 debuted, with all it's warts. I didn't like the idea that data shortcuts were removed and I was being force fed vault in it's place, plus it made all my 06 files obsolete, and there'd be some retooling to make the 07 move. When SP2 came out I installed a demo to see what I was missing. Got to play with it for a few days. Then installed SP2 and the install went south. There was so much fuss about issues with it anyway I let it sit. It was also at the beginning of our second year in business so it wasn't like there was money to burn on some shelved software. Now that SP3 is out and the waters seem calm ... I kinda wish I had 07.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report