AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
TonyLeggieri3279
Message 1 of 5 (833 Views)

Pipe Crossing Projected into another profile view?

833 Views, 4 Replies
04-24-2012 08:31 AM

I need to project a crossing pipe onto a road centerline.  I have water running down one side of the road 7' off the centerline of the road and sewer running down the other 8' off the centerline.  There is storm drain running perpindicular across the road.

The sewer and the water are projected onto the centerline of road profile.  When I draw the crossing pipes in that profile view and change the override, because it does not cross the centerline, it disappears from the profile view.

How can I accurately show the crossing at the proper invert of the respective crossing without drawing the ellipses manually?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

(Civil 3D 2011 SP2)

qrcode
Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 5 (802 Views)

Re: Pipe Crossing Projected into another profile view?

04-27-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

Hi Tony-

You should be able to draw pipes in profile view. This will get the accurate location of the invert, but to actually show the ellipse I believe the best option is to draw it in manually. 

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 3 of 5 (798 Views)

04-27-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

Add a disconnected pipe in pland that does cross the centerline, at the proper elevation. SHow it in profile, set the pipe style override in profile to show the ellipse, change the pipe style in plan to no show.

MIght be easier to just draw the ellipse manually :smileyhappy:

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Product Support
SethHall
Message 4 of 5 (794 Views)

04-27-2012 06:58 AM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff!!

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

Valued Contributor
TonyLeggieri3279
Message 5 of 5 (781 Views)

04-30-2012 06:20 AM in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

I will add it to the wishlist.  Drawing it manually doesn't lose anything since it is how we have always had to do it anyway.  Would just save a ton of time if we could automate it.

Just seems like it would be the next logical step.  If I can profile an offset, why can't I also include the crossing(s) at that offset.

Oh well.  Baby steps I guess.

qrcode
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.