AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 6 (631 Views)
Accepted Solution

Perpendicular pipe in structure profile

631 Views, 5 Replies
01-28-2013 04:10 AM

Hi all,

I have a pipe network and a profile for it.  Some of the structures have 2 inlet pipes.  The pipe system more of less goes down a road, so every now and then there is a cross pipe into a structure.  I have masking turned on under the structure style->profile setting.  I want to see the cross pipe, so I found on here that all I need to do is under structure style->view direction (profile)->make Structure Pipe Outlines visible.  I did that and still no cross pipe shows up.  If I turn the masking off it is there.  I must be missing a setting or something.  Anybody have an idea what it could be?  

Thank,

Wilson

Dell T3600

Windows 7 x64

Autocad Civil 3d 2012

Distinguished Mentor
Message 2 of 6 (620 Views)

Re: Perpendicular pipe in structure profile

01-28-2013 05:51 AM in reply to: wfisk

Do you have ALL the pipes in the network in that one profile view? Or just the ones along the alignment? (i.e. the main trunk line.) If you have all of the pipes, you need to delete from the profile view the intersecting laterals . In that way the structures will be able to show the intersecting pipes as ellipses.

Valued Contributor
sturner7277
Message 3 of 6 (605 Views)

01-28-2013 06:52 AM in reply to: wfisk

i have a style set just for the xing pipes and i set that as a override in the profile properties. as far as the masking it has to be turned off to show the xing pipes.

-Sean
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a CAD Manager for a Civil Engineering firm...
Win 7 pro 12gb
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
LDD 2009
IDS 2014
Message 4 of 6 (578 Views)

01-29-2013 09:20 AM in reply to: castled071049

Thank you so much, it worked!

Distinguished Contributor bf
Distinguished Contributor
Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

05-16-2013 03:31 PM in reply to: wfisk

I have masking turned on for structures in profile, and in profile view properties I uncheck the connected pipe and the oval appears.

Active Contributor
Message 6 of 6 (427 Views)

06-05-2013 12:28 PM in reply to: bf
Thank you guys! Apparently there is no need for the "style override" to get the pipe crossings to display if the crossing pipe is connected to a manhole. BF said it perfectly if all you are going for is an ellipse displayed in your structure with masking still on.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs