Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perpendicular pipe in structure profile

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wfisk
1972 Views, 5 Replies

Perpendicular pipe in structure profile

Hi all,

I have a pipe network and a profile for it.  Some of the structures have 2 inlet pipes.  The pipe system more of less goes down a road, so every now and then there is a cross pipe into a structure.  I have masking turned on under the structure style->profile setting.  I want to see the cross pipe, so I found on here that all I need to do is under structure style->view direction (profile)->make Structure Pipe Outlines visible.  I did that and still no cross pipe shows up.  If I turn the masking off it is there.  I must be missing a setting or something.  Anybody have an idea what it could be?  

Thank,

Wilson

Dell T3600

Windows 7 x64

Autocad Civil 3d 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
castled071049
in reply to: wfisk

Do you have ALL the pipes in the network in that one profile view? Or just the ones along the alignment? (i.e. the main trunk line.) If you have all of the pipes, you need to delete from the profile view the intersecting laterals . In that way the structures will be able to show the intersecting pipes as ellipses.

Message 3 of 6
sturner7277

i have a style set just for the xing pipes and i set that as a override in the profile properties. as far as the masking it has to be turned off to show the xing pipes.

-Sean
------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a CAD Manager for a Civil Engineering firm...
Message 4 of 6
wfisk
in reply to: castled071049

Thank you so much, it worked!

Message 5 of 6
bf
Advocate

I have masking turned on for structures in profile, and in profile view properties I uncheck the connected pipe and the oval appears.

Message 6 of 6
Avera737
in reply to: bf

Thank you guys! Apparently there is no need for the "style override" to get the pipe crossings to display if the crossing pipe is connected to a manhole. BF said it perfectly if all you are going for is an ellipse displayed in your structure with masking still on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report