Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen setting not right after upgrade

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cadman33619
355 Views, 6 Replies

Pen setting not right after upgrade

I recently installed ver 2014 C3D....(after using 2007 for quie a while) i copied over the .ctb file i had saved from the previous version (i've modified it as needed over the years) but the pen setting/pen weights are way off. How can this be if I'm using the same .ctb file?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

check the path

be sure youre new setup isn't looking for an stb file. you can check that by typing CONVERTPSTYLES and follow the prompts

Message 3 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: cadman33619

There is a real good chance that you copied the wrong .ctb file or you may have placed the .ctb file in the wrong place.  The .ctb files you find in the installation directory are not the ones that the program uses.

Bill

Message 4 of 7
cadman33619
in reply to: wfberry

what i did was:

from the old version...click file and select Plot Style Manager...then copy the .ctb file that i've used for years and save it on the network. 

from the new version-2014- i open the Plot Style Manager the same way...then open an explorer window and locate the .ctb file and drag/drop it into the Plot Style Manager of the new version and restart acad. 

is that correct?

Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

The printer paths can be found here in options.

Set these three locations to your organizations folder locations for pc3's, pmp's & ctb/stb's.

print.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
cadman33619
in reply to: Jay_B

still having no luck here. printer paths are all fine... but my plots look terrible. anything set to color 2 will not plot at all (not printing in color) and the rest of the color are way off - as far as lineweights and line thickness. i copied the plotter configurations and plot style tables from the old pc. it should work fine.

what could it be?

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B

On the Plot dialog or Page Setup dialog, is "Plot object Lineweights" either checked or unchecked as appropriate for your setup?

For example We use a ctb here but then also apply the Object Lineweights via bylayer setting in Layer Manager so we have this option checked.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report