Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List default styles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
derel
272 Views, 2 Replies

Parts List default styles

I'm curious what everyone is doing with the part lists regarding the default style and how you handle existing/proposed styles. In the past, I had duplicate part sizes in my list and had one set as existing, the other as proposed.  This way while laying out my network I could select the appropriate one and when the network got Dref'd into another file later all the parts came in exactly as exptected; existing items with the existing styles, proposed items with the proposed style.

However, since moving up to 2015, I'm not getting an error while trying to add new items to my parts list. The error says I cannot have a part with duplicate dimensions.  All my old parts/lists that I have migrated forward work fun, it's strictly and error with adding new parts/familes.

So, this got me thinking: 1) has anyone else experienced this and 2) how do you all handle your parts lists and Dref'ing to avoid constantly having to change styles.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Bill_Myron
in reply to: derel

We do the same thing. It works if you have different part families for Proppsed, Existing, and Future.

You just have to do 3 times the work to update the lists or the families, but it makes for a much smoother way to create the network.

Message 3 of 3
derel
in reply to: Bill_Myron

Thanks for the info Bill. Just as I was typing the post I about duplicating familes, as you mentioned.  It would be great if there were a simpler way of controlling the default styles for catalog parts.  Lukily I still have a copy of 2014 installed and it doesn't give me any trouble entering duplicate part sizes.  Not a very long term solution, but good for now.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report