Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Open. Does it work in Civil 3D?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AllenJessup
1969 Views, 3 Replies

Partial Open. Does it work in Civil 3D?

I can't get a 2014 to Partial Open. I've seen post that say it does work, it doesn't work and it doesn't work if there's some unspecified fault in the template. The command does appear in the Civil 3D 2014 help files. But I've come to realize that doesn't mean anything.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

Doesn't even seem to work in AutoCAD 2014. I created a new drawing with no template in AutoCAD and drew 8 circles on 8 layers. I saved the drawing with Layer and Spatial indices. When I select Partial Open the whole drawing opens with no options to pick any layers.

This is in the vanilla AutoCAD 2014 that comes with IDSP. Not Civil 3D as AutoCAD.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
AllenJessup

Autodesk has confirmed that Partial Open does NOT work on any drawing that has AEC objects in it. It should work on a drawing that was created in Basic AutoCAD. But once that drawing is saved from Civil 3D it wont work.

A request has been sent to update future Civil 3D help files to make this clear.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup

A final word. I was still having problems with partial open even when the drawing was created by the basic version of AutoCAD that came with IDSP. Autodesk support traced the problem to the fact that the Civil 3D Object Enabler is installed during the installation of IDSP. The only way to create a drawing in base AutoCAD from IDSP is to turn DEMANDLOAD off. Then create a new drawing.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report