Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part builder - Pipe Centre Point not as Designed in Part Builder.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikeEvansUK
265 Views, 1 Reply

Part builder - Pipe Centre Point not as Designed in Part Builder.

I have just been caught out on this.

I’m not sure why this wont work but the part (attached) works as designed & expected in PartBuilder but when I add the part to a Civil 3d pipe network the centre point of the part is incorrect.

The logic here is that this is modelling the pipe trench & influence zones so the pipe needs to be in the bottom. This is used for checking the influence of pipes on foundations and detailing where additional depths of construction are required.

The trench is defined from the pipe diameter, wall thickness and dimensions for the Working space & bedding.

Can anyone shed any light onto why behaves correctly in Part builder and not in the Civil 3d Pipe network. I really need to work this out before the next time I use it.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

After a resless night I have found a temporary fix which works whilst not ideal.

I have included a thin (1mm wide) rectangular "U" sheaped section in the base with the height set from the location where I deisre the centroid to be placed projecting downward matching ecatly the height from that point to the top.

This forces the pipe to hold the levels.

I would like to hear from anyone who knows what the Trim Length functions in Part builder are used for and how they are used. I tried to use it but It ddidn't seem to like anything I selected (Point,Fixed Point, AutoLayout or Lines).

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report