Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Family Validation Error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mgsell
1378 Views, 5 Replies

Part Family Validation Error

I am getting the following error when trying to validate my part.

ERROR: Sample Expanded Table Row not fully expanded (calc error)

My part works fine as far as I can tell. when I change dimintions it changes to what it is supposed to. I don't know where to start to isolate what is causing this error. Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: mgsell

Hi mgsell-

Although I have not seen this exact error before, I have seen the calculation errors before. These are typically due to a Calculation value set to zero. For example:

ColumnCalc desc="Structure Height" dataType="float" unit="inch" name="SBSH" id="CCA7" visible="1" context="StructHeight" index="0">0.0000</ColumnCalc> 

This needs to have a default value other than zero.

Good luck!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
mgsell
in reply to: SethHall

Thank you Seth for your reply. All my Model parameters have a value greater than 0. the error still persists. Here is my xml file. 

Message 4 of 6
mgsell

I found it. You were right it was one of the calcs. For somereason it did not like a parameter with an underscore. Riser_Height that I had, even tho it did the calculation correctly. When I changed it to RiserH it validated fine. Thanks for your direction.

Message 5 of 6
SethHall

I took a look and I did not pick up on the "_". Good catch!!

Glad I was able to "nudge" you in the right direction Smiley Happy

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 6
corcad

Same issue. I wasnt able to determine the source of the error. I also had a calculation which used an underscore. I removed the underscore and validation was successful. Kudos to you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report