Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
318 Views, 0 Replies

Part Builder

Hi there,

I am macking around with the part builder and unfortunately I can't make it work. I am trying to create a cylindrical structure with no frames. A basic manhole. I am modifying the existing Cylindrical Junction Structure NF Si included in the ANZ country package, so no messing around with the actual modelling. Only with Size Parameters.

I have the following variables:

1. Internal diameter (SID)
  2. Wall thickness (Wth)

I have a constant floor thickness and a rimp to sump variable within a range.

As an example, an SID 1066 will have a Wth of 64. An SID 1207 will have a Wth 70, and so on. Ideally, I would like the part structure name (PrtSN) to use the use the nominal diameter (which doesn't match the SID, of course).

So, I figured that setting SID, WTH and PrtSN as tables will give me the expected result. I failed. When I bring the part family into the parts list, I can't select any variable but, if I clik OK, it will add all the part included in the table but all of them with the same values.

I just want that, by selecting a variable, say SID, get its unique Wth and PrtSN values. This is, say 1050dia MH, by selecting its SID=1066, will take its unique Wth=64 and its unique PrtSN 1050%%c MH. Is this possible? By now, you have all figured out that I don't quite master the part builder. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Javier

Civil 3D 2011 V2.1, XP 64b

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report