Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder - Insertion Point Problems (Agghh!)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
247 Views, 0 Replies

Part Builder - Insertion Point Problems (Agghh!)

Hi there,

I spent the last few weeks getting to grips with C3D 2014 Part Builder and I'm now reasonably confident at modifying OOTB parts / adding in new part sizes.

However......I decided to try and create some new parts from scratch, following the AutoDesk Tutorials and Cyndy Davenport's very useful blogs.... (http://c3dcougar.typepad.com/fierce/work-flow-for-junction-structures-au-2010/page/2/) but every time I insert my (metric) part into a drawing the plan view (adoptable surface water manhole symbol) appears in the correct position but the 3D image is in the wrong place. The insertion point is fixed in the middle of the part.

The 3D part appears to be at the correct easting but the northing is out by about 200 metres....I'm convinced it's something to do with the process of part inserting into the drawing rather than the way the part is constructed - but I may well be wrong!

Am happy to attach the file if anyone think they can can assist.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report