Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcels not in site anymore?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wvyhonsky
605 Views, 5 Replies

Parcels not in site anymore?

I had a bunch of parcels in a dwg, pretty basic created from lines/curves, put in Site 1.  Left them alone for a while to do other things in the drawing.  Went to the prospector and there is no Site 1.  All of the parcels, parcel segments, labels, etc. are still there, but they are not in a site?  If I audit, all of the parcels and segments go away?  I'm not sure how long the site has been gone as I have not needed to look at it for a while.

I've had this has happened twice now, in two separate drawings within the last two weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

C3D 2014, SP1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: wvyhonsky

Hi Bill,

There is a known issue with this behavior. Can you tell me if the drawing you created was created with the ACAD.dwt starting template?

If so please see the possible workaround below.

1. Start a new drawing with the out of the box “_AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt” (Or metric if you prefer).
  2. Then QSELECT Feature Lines from drawing.
  3. COPYBASE from 0,0 and paste to 0,0 into the new drawing.
  4. Right-click Refresh Sites in new drawing. Sites associated in new drawing appear as expected.
  5. Export Civil 3D data objects using Land XML, and COPYBASE for the remainder of ACAD linework.
  6. Use Design Center [Ctrl+2] to copy Xref's, Layouts, etc. as necessary between drawings.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 6
wvyhonsky
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

it wasn't created from a template that comes with Civil 3D, but it was created with one that was created from one that comes with it, modified for our use.

Now that I know it is a known issue, can you tell me what causes it so that maybe I can avoid having it happen again?  I went back and looked at my back-ups and the site had been missing for 2 weeks, so I'm not sure when or what caused that to happen.

Thanks,  Bill

Message 4 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli

Hi Bill,

Unfortunelty I do not know what causes this behavior, other than it could be due to a corrupt template. This issue has been logged and escalted to our development team for further investigation. I will be happy to post more information as soon as we hear more from development however.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 6
wvyhonsky
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

If this is a known issue, I have a hard time understanding that it is a corrupt template.  I could understand that the drawing got corrupt somehow after creating the parcels.

Message 6 of 6
guidosj

This issue seems to occur when you have deleted your sites which contained parcels, and then deleted the parcels using the parcel layout tool. To fix it, I opened parcel properties of one of my parcels, went to analysis and changed from inverse to mapcheck and hit ok. Both of my parcels suddenly appeared under my only site which I created after deleted the others. It seems like some sort of update that isn't happening. Sites may need a right click update functionality like point groups.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report