Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel question

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
tom_berning
166 Views, 13 Replies

Parcel question

I am working on a preliminary layout for about 150 acres. I have all my parcels in one drawing and the rest of the information in different drawings. Nw we just want to show the overall boundary on an existing topographic survey sheet. If I freeze the layer I have the interior lot lines defined on, the outer parcel boundary is also frozen even though its display appears to be controled by our p-bnd layer. It uses the color and linetype from the p-bnd layer but will not appear unless I have the p-lotline layer on. I have tried just turning off the layer instead of freezing it, but the linework on the p-bnd layer is still turned off. Do I have something wrong with my styles? I guess I have to keep a second parcel for the outer boundary in a different site for display purposes.

Tom Berning
Civil 3D 2007 SP3
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: tom_berning

If your outer boundary is the Site, then you should be able to do this by
adjusting the display order of the Parcel Styles within a given site.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 14
tom_berning

I have two sites, one is call lots which started with the overall boundary and now contains all my lots. The second site is called roads which I originally defined all my alignments in. The alignments have since been moved to a separate drawing for profiles and corridors. Could you take a look at the drawing and see if I have it setup properly?

Thanks
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

When I looked at your drawing I noticed that the outside boundary was on the p-lotline layer instead of the p-bnd layer that it was supposed to be on. I changed it back to the p-bnd layer, then froze the p-lotline layer and it worked fine. So, just try changing the boundary back to the correct layer and hopefully it works.

Andy
Message 5 of 14
tom_berning

Andy,

That worked for the linework, but it isn't working for the labels. I can freeze the p-lotline layer and the p-lottxt layer and all the labels freeze except those distance labels along the outer boundary. I have the label styles set so that text is suppose to be on the p-lottxt layer but since it is labeling a line on the p-bnd layer it will not freeze. It freeze properly in the drawing with the parcels, but not when I xref that drawing into a sheet drawing.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

The labels for the outer boundary are set for layer P-BNDTXT, not P-LOTTXT.

Matt

wrote in message news:5439300@discussion.autodesk.com...
Andy,

That worked for the linework, but it isn't working for the labels. I can
freeze the p-lotline layer and the p-lottxt layer and all the labels freeze
except those distance labels along the outer boundary. I have the label
styles set so that text is suppose to be on the p-lottxt layer but since it
is labeling a line on the p-bnd layer it will not freeze. It freeze properly
in the drawing with the parcels, but not when I xref that drawing into a
sheet drawing.
Message 7 of 14
tom_berning

Yes, the bearings and distances shown on the outside of the outer boundary are on the p-bndtxt layer and the lot distances along the inside of the outer boundary are on the p-lottxt layer according to their style, but when I freeze the p-lottxt layer in my sheet drawing, the distances along the inside of the outer boundary are still displayed. I can get everything else to freeze except those distances.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 8 of 14
dana.probert

I had a problem recently with the "master" object layer for parcel labels to be set to the current label instead of the object layer default in my settings. let me download and have a look at your drawing to see what might be amiss.

dana

www.civil3d.com
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 9 of 14
dana.probert

what am i missing? it works ok for me?
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk
Message 10 of 14
tom_berning

It doesn't work when you xref my parcel drawing into another drawing.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 11 of 14
dana.probert

is your xref in on layer zero?

let me try it...
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk
Message 12 of 14
dana.probert

ok, i did it.

xrefed into another drawing. the freeze isn't immediate. but once i regenall, it goes away. try that?

dana

www.civil3d.com
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk
Message 13 of 14
tom_berning

I found the problem. I was using layfrz to freeze the layers I didn't want, but when I picked one of the lotlines, it froze the p-lotline layer which turned off all the lot dimensions except for the ones along the outer boundary. Since all the other lot dimensions were not visible, I assumed that the p-lottxt layer was frozen.

I guess we just have to be careful with the layfrz command when dealing with xrefs because if you select a label, it will freeze the layer of the object the label is attached to instead of just the label layer.

Thanks for all the help and guiding me to find the problem.
Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 14 of 14
dana.probert

check out civil3d.com and search for a post called 'object layers demystified' or something like that. it will explain why the express tools don't work the way you expect. I would post the direct url except I am on my mobile . let me know if you can't find it
Dana Probert, P.E.
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report