Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Buzz12345
307 Views, 5 Replies

Parcel error

I've got a drawing with some parcels in it. I noticed that the styles weren't being applied correctly. (i.e. I can change the parcel style, but the style is not updated in modelspace). Then I browse the Toolspace parcels list and scroll down through the list. It seems to scroll through the top part of the list OK, but when I get to a certain point Civil3D locks up, the task manager shows 100% CPU usage, and I have force Civil3D to shut down.

I'm using Civil3D 2005 and I've been able to replicate this error on a couple of computers.

Obviously there's something wrong with the dwg. I've tried an audit, but no errors turned up.

Now it's not a great problem because the parcels were imported from a LD2005 project, so I can always import them again. However, if there was no LD2005 project then it'd be a real problem.

So there's 2 questions:
1. How can I get my drawing working correctly?
2. How can I safeguard data in case of a drawing crash? If a drawing gets corrupted then you potentially loose all of your design data. My error was not immediately apparent so a good backup system/policy may not have beaten it.

I appreciate any thoughts on either of these issues.

Thanks

Michael
Michael
AEC Collection - Civil3D 2023 & Infraworks 2023
www.foxsurvey.co.nz
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Buzz12345

Michael, About parcels not showing up with right styles:- Probably those lot lines are shared by adjacent parcels. If this is the case do following: In prospector right click on the parcels collection (a node above the parcel of your choice) and choose "Properties..." this will bring up the site level parcel group properties. In the composition tab bottom most list box presents styles used in this collection. Highlight the style that show on top and move up in display order. About locking up - i am not sure what is happening, perhaps i could debug that dwg if it is possible for you to send it across to me. Hope this helps Chakri chakravarthy.gavini@autodesk.com "Buzz123" wrote in message news:29060244.1101856169818.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've got a drawing with some parcels in it. I noticed that the styles weren't being applied correctly. (i.e. I can change the parcel style, but the style is not updated in modelspace). Then I browse the Toolspace parcels list and scroll down through the list. It seems to scroll through the top part of the list OK, but when I get to a certain point Civil3D locks up, the task manager shows 100% CPU usage, and I have force Civil3D to shut down. > > I'm using Civil3D 2005 and I've been able to replicate this error on a couple of computers. > > Obviously there's something wrong with the dwg. I've tried an audit, but no errors turned up. > > Now it's not a great problem because the parcels were imported from a LD2005 project, so I can always import them again. However, if there was no LD2005 project then it'd be a real problem. > > So there's 2 questions: > 1. How can I get my drawing working correctly? > 2. How can I safeguard data in case of a drawing crash? If a drawing gets corrupted then you potentially loose all of your design data. My error was not immediately apparent so a good backup system/policy may not have beaten it. > > I appreciate any thoughts on either of these issues. > > Thanks > > Michael
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I've had the same locking up problem with alignments imported from LDT. Any type of edit would bring my system to its knees. I started a new drawing and built the alignments from plines brought in from the LDT drawing or from the centerline geometry and no problems so far. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator Chakri Gavini wrote: > Michael, > > About parcels not showing up with right styles:- Probably those lot lines > are shared by adjacent parcels. If this is the case do following: > > In prospector right click on the parcels collection (a node above the parcel > of your choice) and choose "Properties..." this will bring up the site level > parcel group properties. In the composition tab bottom most list box > presents styles used in this collection. Highlight the style that show on > top and move up in display order. > > About locking up - i am not sure what is happening, perhaps i could debug > that dwg if it is possible for you to send it across to me. > > Hope this helps > Chakri > chakravarthy.gavini@autodesk.com >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

In regard to your question about how to safeguard your data. Do not forget that LandXML is considered by other software as their archive system. It's prior proper and timely use can save you from lost information. Autosaves (something LDt did not use) can now also play a significantly more vital role. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "Buzz123" wrote in message news:29060244.1101856169818.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've got a drawing with some parcels in it. I noticed that the styles weren't being applied correctly. (i.e. I can change the parcel style, but the style is not updated in modelspace). Then I browse the Toolspace parcels list and scroll down through the list. It seems to scroll through the top part of the list OK, but when I get to a certain point Civil3D locks up, the task manager shows 100% CPU usage, and I have force Civil3D to shut down. > > I'm using Civil3D 2005 and I've been able to replicate this error on a couple of computers. > > Obviously there's something wrong with the dwg. I've tried an audit, but no errors turned up. > > Now it's not a great problem because the parcels were imported from a LD2005 project, so I can always import them again. However, if there was no LD2005 project then it'd be a real problem. > > So there's 2 questions: > 1. How can I get my drawing working correctly? > 2. How can I safeguard data in case of a drawing crash? If a drawing gets corrupted then you potentially loose all of your design data. My error was not immediately apparent so a good backup system/policy may not have beaten it. > > I appreciate any thoughts on either of these issues. > > Thanks > > Michael
Message 5 of 6
Scott Wolfe

when creating parcels using the very basic line and curve commands, the command needs to be reinitiated prior to creating another parcel. it is ok to keep drawing lines if you are still defining the same parcel.

Scott Wolfe
Message 6 of 6
kowboy

The parcel manager crashes consistently when trying to edit or create parcels. This is unworkable as far as I'm concerned, becasue of the lost files and lost time redoing work from scratch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report