Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel disappears..

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
davel2008
577 Views, 13 Replies

Parcel disappears..

I have a drawing with one parcel. The parcel disappeared this morning (gone from prospector and area label no longer existed but all parcel segments and segment labels were still there). I restored a previous copy and then, as I was working, the parcel disappeared again. It happened when I flipped a parcel segment label. I re-opened the previous copy and flipped the label again. This time the parcel did not disappear.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Civil 3D 2008, SP2
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dgordon
in reply to: davel2008

having an alignment on the same site as the parcel and intersecting the parcel in only one location could potential erase a parcel from the prospector. at a minimum it can mess up parcel line labels labeling a length.

Not sure how helpful this is. Good luck.

Dan
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 14
davel2008

No alignments in the drawing.
Message 4 of 14

i've had that happen. i've gone back and relabeled the parcel and then later i find 2 sets of labels as the previous set reappears. it's pretty frustrating.
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 14
acoursen

Have you tried to audit? It may help. And yes I would assume this has happened to just about anyone who has touched parcels. Parcels, along with grading, are the finicky-ess parts of C3D. You need to take care in how the parcel(s) are created, although its hard to believe your having problems with only one parcel.

Andy
Andrew Coursen PE & LS
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

For all you folks that experience this, are you running AUDIT 3-4 times an
hour? I do and have not seen this happen on mine, however, I have not had
a large tract to work on for some time now. I always run AUDIT prior to
issuing a save. (aa= audit & qq= qsave).

Bill
Message 7 of 14
davel2008

That's what I was afraid of
Message 8 of 14
arnolds

I've seen a few issues with parcels but nothing exactly like you are describing. Just a few questions:
What version of C3D are you running?
Is this an old dwg or is it based on a newer template?
DId it come from a LandXML file?

Any chance I could get a copy of the dwg to look at?
Message 9 of 14
davel2008

C3D 2008 SP2
newer template
All work has been done in this drawing, no XML.

I can email it to you...
Message 10 of 14
arnolds

Sounds great. You can send it to:

arnolds at pacificbinary dot com
Message 11 of 14
mooremt1

I have a similar issue.

When I drag a tag label on a curve a couple of the parcels near it were destroyed. The first time it happened it just renumbered all the parcels after I dragged the label to a new location. See attached image.

One part of the potential cause (I couldn't recreate with a simple drawing, but the plat I'm working on is 100+ lots) I labeled/tagged my parcels and after I was finished I changed the display order of the parcel (I moved the Lot parcel style above the ROW parcel style in the site properties).

The parcel label had already been dragged before I changed the display order of the parcel style.

The workaround was to RESET the label and redrag it to the place I wanted.

This is the second time it happened to me in this drawing so I figured I'd document it here in case anyone has a similar problem.

Matt Moore
Civil 3D 2008 SP2
Message 12 of 14

i've found that things sometimes dissappear. it's happened with parcels and sections. i just get out of the program and when i reopen the program/drawing, they reappear. that's been my experience so far.
Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 13 of 14
lholland

Here's another tip for when those parcel labels disappear: tweak your UCS, then reset it back to Plan - World. No idea why this works to get back the labels about 80% of the time.

Just a silly work around I stumbled upon.
Message 14 of 14
AussieHans

You also have to be really meticulous about the geometry, if you created parcels from objects. Make sure all the lines meet up properly at the intersection points, and that there are no duplicate or overlapping lines. Don't create parcels from closed polyline for example, as you will create duplicate segments along the common parcel boundaries.

Parcels are a temperamental bit ch aspect of Civil3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report