Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Segments and Feature Lines - Interaction

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cderrico
697 Views, 3 Replies

Parcel Segments and Feature Lines - Interaction

C3D 2008

Create Parcel Segments using the Slide Angle Create command
Create a Feature Line in the same Site that bisects any/all of the Slide Angle Create Segments
Save, close and reopen the drawing
Parcel Segments now terminate at the intersection of the FL

Not sure if this is as designed, and I don't recall this behavior in 2007. We have used FLs to assign elevations to Parcel Segments in 2007, looks like this is no longer possible.

Thanks,

Charles
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Maine-iac
in reply to: cderrico

We just ran into similiar problem in our 2011 version. If I create feature lines for my surface in the same default "Site 1" that I create parcels in, the parcel segments will be broken up wherever they intersect with the feature lines I used in developing my surface. This had happened before but did not do much trouble shooting, and rarely had feature lines intersecting boundary lines. This appears to be similiar problem in 2006 post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/parcel-creates-additional-segments/m-p/1798657/highli... 

To avoid this in future I will have to ensure my surface feature lines are in a different named Site than my parcels.

Has anyone come across this in the 2012 and 2013 versions?

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
Message 3 of 4
Adriano_cad
in reply to: Maine-iac

hello,

To not have the intersection between the lines is necessary to create in different sites.

Adriano Oliveira
Diretor Soluções BIM MaxiCAD
MaxiCAD Soluções e Educação BIM.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

some text
Message 4 of 4
caddie99
in reply to: cderrico

This is not a Bug  its a feature  Smiley Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report