Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Object layer line under Parcel style and plotting

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jefflambert9091
498 Views, 6 Replies

Parcel Object layer line under Parcel style and plotting

I have a record plat drawing with multiple parcels and parcel styles. For my lands of the grantors I view port froze the lots and right of way layers from my parcel styles. I don’t want to show them in this viewport. To my surprise the lines show up in the object layer we have set for parcels.  This was not the case in 2011. We are in 2014 with the first hotfix update. I understand putting the parcel styles in the object layer, but why another mysterious line under it? I did create parcels from objects, but had them erased when I created them. This did not matter either way. Is there a way to get rid of them? I did put them in a new layer, set it to “No Plot” This kept them from plotting, but I really don’t want to have to take the time to do it.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Try moving the line to the layer you do not want to show up that should solve the property. It's the Object line on Layer 0

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

We have object layers set up. CK-PROP-LINE. I can put them in a new layer with a no plot, but why the extra step now?  Perimeter, Lots, RW. If I just want the Perimeter I should be able to vpfreeze the lot layer and the RW layer. Why are there now entities in the CK-PROP-LINE layer that show up? It reminds me of the contour labeling and “display contour label line”. I was hoping of a way to get rid of these lines that C3D is creating.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jefflambert9091

I think 2012 added a new object layer for parcel segments that was not in 2011..?? Can you confirm this? I don't have 2011 anymore.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Sorry I answered so quick. I was wondering if you set this when you migrated and if you used a different layer than the parcel object. I am really just wondering if this is the root of the new behavior for you.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Set the Parcel layer & Seg layer to 0 and then set the style to the layer you want for each parcel style - That should solve it.

Note I use the Layer 0 concept - everything goes to zero and I let the style control the layer. Sometimes I do change this on though.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

John,

We opened our 2011 template and saved as 2014. We are now working on modifying the template with the 2014 improvements and our lessons learned. The object layers have stayed the same. We put parcels in CK-PROP and parcel segments in CK-PROP-LINE.

rl,

We decided not to use 0 layer for the object layers when we created our template. Our civil’s use the suffix values for corridors, utilities and surfaces. Even if I change them to 0 is does not fix my issue of two different objects, one being thrown into my style layer and the other into the object layer?

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report