Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Numbers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1419 Views, 5 Replies

Parcel Numbers

When I create a site, I want it "named" as opposed to "numbered." That much I've figured out. However, when I set defaults for parcel numbering within my site, I can't find a way to change the default numbering scheme - I want to start numbering at Lot "1" and move up incrementaly from there. Where/how can I change the default numbers for my parcels? Why is it that once I physically change a parcel number, my parcel table does not reflect my new numbers? I've installed SP1, why does the Create ROW command not show up in my menu? Having all sorts of fun! scott scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Got it, right click on the site and change numbers there - but why MUST I have a number for a site? And if I split of a 50' ROW why does it automatically number them - can't they be names as well? mho, sm -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "scott mceachron" wrote in message news:403e5c7b$1_3@newsprd01... > When I create a site, I want it "named" as opposed to "numbered." That much > I've figured out. However, when I set defaults for parcel numbering within > my site, I can't find a way to change the default numbering scheme - I want > to start numbering at Lot "1" and move up incrementaly from there. > > Where/how can I change the default numbers for my parcels? > > Why is it that once I physically change a parcel number, my parcel table > does not reflect my new numbers? > > I've installed SP1, why does the Create ROW command not show up in my menu? > > Having all sorts of fun! > scott > > scott mceachron > total cad systems - dallas > > >
Message 3 of 6
Caddtech

scott mceachron
total cad systems - dallas <----- hey Scott is there something you haven't told us.... lol
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

;) Definitely need to call you! sm "Caddtech" wrote in message news:1546335.1078157886125.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > scott mceachron > total cad systems - dallas <----- hey Scott is there something you haven't told us.... lol
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Scott There are a couple of options: To change parcels that have already been drawng, use the "renumber parcels" command. This will allow you to renumber a group of parcels (ie, drag a line from the first to the last and it'll renumber based on start point and increment). To set the default starting number and increment... Go to the Prospector data tab, select the Site that you are going to add parcels and right click/properties. (by default this would be "Site 1"). Go to the "Numbering" tab: Per Help... Parcel: Next Automatic Area Counter Specifies the starting number for new parcels to be created in the site. The numbering is incremented with creation of new parcels. Note Setting this range sufficiently above the manual range will help avoid collisions while renumbering manually. Parcel: Next Manual Area Counter Specifies the default starting number for renumbering parcels in the site. This value can also be edited in the parcel Renumbering dialog box. Cheers DAS "scott mceachron" wrote in message news:403e5c7b$1_3@newsprd01... > When I create a site, I want it "named" as opposed to "numbered." That much > I've figured out. However, when I set defaults for parcel numbering within > my site, I can't find a way to change the default numbering scheme - I want > to start numbering at Lot "1" and move up incrementaly from there. > > Where/how can I change the default numbers for my parcels? > > Why is it that once I physically change a parcel number, my parcel table > does not reflect my new numbers? > > I've installed SP1, why does the Create ROW command not show up in my menu? > > Having all sorts of fun! > scott > > scott mceachron > total cad systems - dallas > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Scott, The Sites do not get a "Number". If you let the software default the Site Names, then it will create Sites names similar to; Site(1), Site(2), Site(3), etc. However, these are really names since you cannot renumber sites or set the numbering seed value. If you right click on the Site you are changing the name of the Site. However, the parcels that are created within a Site do get both a Name and a Number. The parcel numbering is a setting that you can establish when you create the site. To do this, go to the Settings tab, expand the Parcel node, expand the Commands Node, select Create Site and Edit Command Settings. On the dialog that appears, you can set the starting number and increment for the Automatic and Manual number. This will set the value for any site that will be created. The Automatic number is the number used when you add new parcels. The Manual number is the number when renumbering. Therefore, initially you may want to set the Automatic number so an arbitrarily high number so there will not be number conflicts when you choose to go back and renumber. You can also change the default numbers on Site that have been already created. To do this, select the Site from Prospector, select Properties and Go to the Numbering Tab. The parcel tables have a static mode. I suspect that the parcel table you created is in Static mode. If you select the table, rt click you can either "Update content" or change it to a dynamic table. Either of these operations should update the parcel numbers. When you run the CreateROW command, it creates new parcels. Therefore, it will use the "Automatic" numbering to establish a number for the new parcel(s). Any that you renumbers, should retain the new number. However, if you split a parcel in half that has been renumber, you cannot control which parcel will retain the original number. Therefore, it may look like is was renumber. Yes, they can be named. The name is template that you can create in the Parcel Style. Therefore, you can setup the parcel name to contain the parcel number. Lastly, the reason you are not seeing the CreateROW command is because you still have the compile menu files from the pre-SP version. You need to delete those files and restart Civil 3D in order to get the updated menu. See the Readme for the location of these files. Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development "scott mceachron" wrote in message news:403e5c7b$1_3@newsprd01... > When I create a site, I want it "named" as opposed to "numbered." That much > I've figured out. However, when I set defaults for parcel numbering within > my site, I can't find a way to change the default numbering scheme - I want > to start numbering at Lot "1" and move up incrementaly from there. > > Where/how can I change the default numbers for my parcels? > > Why is it that once I physically change a parcel number, my parcel table > does not reflect my new numbers? > > I've installed SP1, why does the Create ROW command not show up in my menu? > > Having all sorts of fun! > scott > > scott mceachron > total cad systems - dallas > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report