Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Map Check Report - Input Wanted

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
410 Views, 6 Replies

Parcel Map Check Report - Input Wanted

Calling all Surveyors 🙂

We are currently evaluating the result-content of a Parcel Map Check Report that would run through Report Manager. We'd like to hear from you if you have ideas of what information you would like to see reported on. Feel free to post here or contact me directly at karen.dowling@autodesk.com.

Thanks in advance for you support

Karen Dowling
ISD Test Development
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
reed.stephens
in reply to: Anonymous

What I need from Civil 3D for a map check report is for it to ignore all of its rounding values and plot a traverse of the EXACT courses per the labels and return the distance between the point of beginning and the point of terminus divided by the total length of all of the courses.
Message 3 of 7
stacy.dunn

LDD Mapcheck

For efficiency sake, the mapcheck report would need to look similar to the one generated by LDD. Many surveyors get used to looking at the same format of report over and over. If something is different it tends to throw them off when reviewing the project.

Custom Mapcheck

I would however, like to have another report with the ability to change the order it is presented. It is easier to follow along while checking a legal description if the information is in the same order it is written. I would like to have the ability to customize the following:

1. Change the order of the calls.
2. The ability to select which calls appear.
3. The ability to round or truncate the values used in the closure. LDD currently rounds the angles and distances but truncates the area. This makes creating multiple parcel mapchecks that add up to the overall boundary a pain.
4. The ability to turn on or off the coordinate values of each call.
5. The ability to see point numbers of the nearest point within a preset positional tolerance. A point filter would also be nice to weed out topo shots that may be within the tolerance. Maybe the ability to include which point groups are used when checking the tolerance of the parcel corner to the found point.
6. The ability to add a call out or designation as to whether the curve is tangent, non-tangent, reverse, compound, to the left or right. It should also label if the departing course is tangent or non-tangent to the preceding curve.

Give me some time and I will come up with more wishes.

Stacy Dunn
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

sdunn wrote:
> LDD Mapcheck
>
> For efficiency sake, the mapcheck report would need to look similar
> to the one generated by LDD. Many surveyors get used to looking at
> the same format of report over and over. If something is different
> it tends to throw them off when reviewing the project.
>
>
> Custom Mapcheck
>
> I would however, like to have another report with the ability to
> change the order it is presented. It is easier to follow along while
> checking a legal description if the information is in the same order
> it is written. I would like to have the ability to customize the
> following:
>
> 1. Change the order of the calls. 2. The ability to select which
> calls appear. 3. The ability to round or truncate the values used in
> the closure. LDD currently rounds the angles and distances but
> truncates the area. This makes creating multiple parcel mapchecks
> that add up to the overall boundary a pain. 4. The ability to turn on
> or off the coordinate values of each call. 5. The ability to see
> point numbers of the nearest point within a preset positional
> tolerance. A point filter would also be nice to weed out topo shots
> that may be within the tolerance. Maybe the ability to include which
> point groups are used when checking the tolerance of the parcel
> corner to the found point. 6. The ability to add a call out or
> designation as to whether the curve is tangent, non-tangent, reverse,
> compound, to the left or right. It should also label if the
> departing course is tangent or non-tangent to the preceding curve.
>
> Give me some time and I will come up with more wishes.

Are you asking for a legal writer or a map check report? 😉

--
Jason Hickey
www.civil3d.com
Message 5 of 7
lctilley

We need the software not to force closure on our parcels, first thing. Next, we definitely need to be able to export the Mapcheck report into XML or some other printable format without having to cut and paste the information.
Message 6 of 7
stacy.dunn

A mapcheck report with the ability to list the calls in the same order that we write our legals.
Message 7 of 7
Nrhoads

How about multiple reports at one time? I have 50 lots that I need to print reports out on. I currnetly have to right-click EACH parcel and go to properties then to analysis tab. That's a major pain for more than one or two parcels.
Also a print to file or printer button would be nice. I am currently having to copy the contents of the analysis tab to notepad and print. This seems so elementary to me, why is this stuff not in the program?
If you want to make it easy on yourselves Autodesk, you can just add the "closure" information to the INVERSE reprot that comes with the XML Reporting program. It already handles multiple parcels, just no map check (closure) information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report