Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVI Name

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rayvilla
265 Views, 3 Replies

PVI Name

Hello guys!

Is there a way to assign a name for each PVI? Normally PVIs are automatically labeled by station, ie x+xxx.xx, what I want to do is assign it with a name, ie. CORNER 1, MID2, END3, etc. I used to extract data from Excel manually to do this.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: rayvilla

I cannot see any way to assign a name, but the PVI's are numbered and you can add that parameter to a profile label.  Maybe you could add a table to the drawing that matches PVI numbers to your names or descriptions etc.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
rayvilla

actually I use the PVI names in making the plan & profile of the main distribution line(potable water) that we are doing. I have already done the sequential numbering of PVIs as suggested by Jay in this Discussion group. This is fine in the design stage. But when the PVIs are already laid-out on the site, it would be cumbersome to change the name of all the PVIs affected. If I have 100 PVIs(S0 to S99) already marked in the site and there is a need to add say 2 more PVIs before S50 then 50 PVIs would have to be renumbered. C3D can easily do this but in the site it is cumbersome that's why I would like to name the PVIs in another way. Anyway I thank your for your reply.

Message 4 of 4
Jay_B

By doing it manually you can add prefixes or names in the style, just make several "profile grade break style" styles that include the names you want typed as text directly in the label style composer within the style. (MID) etc.

To swap the pvi label being used left click on the pvi label with properties palette open and the "profile grade break style" can be switched per pvi.

Not Automated and tedious but if you have what you want to begin with and there's only some that changed it may do what your after.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report