Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROFILE Change Vertical Scale

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mcloughlin
14275 Views, 4 Replies

PROFILE Change Vertical Scale

We have a client who proposes to lay a road of some 1,900 ft. in length across some rough terrain.  He provides us with a sketch, and we create an alignment across his topography.  

The resultant profile comes in with a horizontal scale of 1:1 and a vertical scale of 1:10 (see appended image), creating an exaggerated vertical topography that horrifies the client, who insists that his proposed route "doesn't look like that."

In short, the client would like to see a 1:1 vertical scale along with his 1:1 horizontal scale.  How do we do this? We don't seem to find a simple way to set these scales in the Profile style settings.  

Also, can the EXISTING profile scales be altered within the drawing while the client watches, or must we create a new style each time we want to change the style display ratios?  

Many thanks!

PROFILE Vertical Scale 27 Mar 2014.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: mcloughlin

Set the Profile view scale's here: Settings Tab of Toolspace>Profile View>Profile View Styles>Style Name>Graph Tab>

Current Horizontal scale = whatever the dwg Model Space scale is set to.

Vertical Scale can be changed to desired exaggeration by changing the Vertical Scale value.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
rendarin

Additionally I suggest you include an annotation somewhere in your styles that shows the vertical scale is different from the horizontal scale. I've also run into clients that are like that complaining our design was too steep when we had it set to 1:5 exaggeration
Message 4 of 5
rendarin

And yes, you can just Edit the style your Profile View is using and it will affect all other Profile Views that are also using that style. That's what's so nice about C3D.
Message 5 of 5
jwaynemorrison

I am having the same issue with my drawing. However, when I change my scale through the advised location, the drawing itself does not change. When I go back to change the scale again, it saved the previous changes. I click apply and it still doesn't alter the drawing. HELP!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report