Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CADEngr2014
836 Views, 2 Replies

Hello,

I am using Civil3D 2014.

I have queried a shape file that contains autocad points inside my design file.  Now I need to have the "LocCode" of autocad points to become the point raw description when I convert the AutoCad point to a C3D point.  Does anyone know how to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: CADEngr2014

You will probably have to MAPIMPORT the SHP file, then export out the AutoCAD Points with the Object Data (OD), format it in Excel and then PNEZD it back in as Civil 3D Points. (Hopefully Blocks with Attributes will not be required, or Map 3D labelling).

Just some hig level thoughts off the top of my head...

Bottom line: there is no push-button command to do it, unless of course you would like me to write you one 😉

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: CADEngr2014

If you import & attach the shp file as a dwg in the map workspace you can then use the query functions to draw the points at the elevation value in the odtable. Read up on these functions as they are very usefull.

Then just use the otb tools to convert points to cogo points if nessesary.
Depends how many as you're better off using a points file for the definition if you have loads.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report