Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINTS NOT BEING CREATED IN C3D 2011

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Westhills
4095 Views, 4 Replies

POINTS NOT BEING CREATED IN C3D 2011

I have just come across a drawing that wont create points. It goes through the correct motions up until the step where it actually draws the point on the screen. Its jumps to creating another point but the previous point is not created. I did some testing using dummy elevs and descriptors to see if it was being created but not displayed but I can find the  points in the all points group. I have tested the file on another machine with the same issue. I have also tested it in 2012, with the same issue. I can work on other drawings and not have this problem. So I think it must be drawing specific. I have done the usual audit but found no problems. The only thing I can think of is I did a purge of all the useless layers. That's when I think the trouble Started. Any help on this would be great as this is a critical file for me.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Maine-iac
in reply to: Westhills

Quick thought, Check what your current point numer is set at in your create points settings. Say it is set at 500, If 500 is already assigned in that drawing I've had a similiar issue where the point will not be set, and no error message comes up telling you that it won't set the point because the current number in "Create Points" is already in use.

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
Message 3 of 5
OMCUSNR

" I did some testing using dummy elevs and descriptors to see if it was being created but not displayed but I can find the  points in the all points group. "

If the point is in the all points group, then the problem is with your point style.  The point is in the drawing, but your point STYLE is not showing up.  You need to check what style is being assigned and make sure that the layer is on and the style properties are set on.

Remember that the point STYLE and the point LABEL STYLE are 2 seperate things, and label styles have their own seperate layering structures.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 5
Westhills
in reply to: OMCUSNR

Sorry, I had a typo. That should have read the points are NOT showing up in the all points group.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 5 of 5
Westhills

Thanks for the help. THe point number was the issue, just as described. In the attached jpeg it keeps coming up with point 1741. I can change the point number and things work correctly. As a side issue once I close the point settings everything defaults back to what it was before.

Thanks again for the help!

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report