Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPES NOT EXPORTING CORRECTLY USING LANDXML

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gregsmith56
1642 Views, 6 Replies

PIPES NOT EXPORTING CORRECTLY USING LANDXML

Civil 3D 2015 has an apparent bug in the exporting of pipe networks using Land XML. What I've found is when re-iporint the XML file back into C3D only the structures appear. This is also the case when trying to import them into 3rd party software such as XPSWMM. Hope the fix can make SP1 !!

Greg Smith.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Greetings,

Same problem here. It seems that part families do not go together with the xml file information. 

How to fix this bug? I need an answer urgently.

Best regards,

Tomas Bačiūnas

Head of technology departament

JSC „Panevėžio keliai“

Kerbedžio 7, Panevėžys, LT - 35104

Lithuania

www.paneveziokeliai.lt

Message 3 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: gregsmith56

I just tried this and also had a problem. I created a new drawing in 2015. Brought in a data shortcut of a pipe network with pipes and structures. I then exported to LandXML the pipe network. Next, I created another new drawing and imported the LandXML. The structures came in, but only one pipe did and it's exactly at coordinates 10.25,0,0. Considering we're in state plane coordinates they should be around 3,000,000x and 740,000y. 

Looks like 2015 broke the LandXML import/export of pipe networks. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 7
E_Shaft
in reply to: Cadguru42

The issue with the pipe networks only importing the structure and not the pipes started in C3D 2014. I was hoping they fixed it in C3D 2015 but it looks like the bug remains, Landxml worked fine in 2013. no patch of fix for this as of yet

Message 5 of 7

I am using the latest version and it seems the problem still exists
Message 6 of 7
annw2
in reply to: Derrick1234567

Since the Landxml only exports part of the information, I never dared try an import back in 3d in any version.  I just updated the pipe sizes manually.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 7 of 7
Derrick1234567
in reply to: annw2

So how did you manage to export network data from civil 3d to xpswmm?

The link and node can be exported by excel but catchment can not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report