Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPE INVERT Direction

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doben
2403 Views, 5 Replies

PIPE INVERT Direction

Hello,

I have a style for labeling pipe inverts for a network which includes the direction of the pipe connections.

Some of the labels are on the wrong side, i.e. the East invert is on the left, the West is on the right. (see attached).

Is there a way to reverse these?

Any  help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: doben

Only solution I have had is to make two label styles: one with incoming then outgoing and the other with outgoing then incoming.  If you have a structure with flows coming in both sides and flowing out in the middle (perpendicular to the profile) then you're out of luck.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: doben

If you've used the "Label for each" or whatever it's called, the labels will appear in the order in which they were attached to the structures.  Detach them from the structure and then reattach them in the order you want them to appear.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 6
troma
in reply to: mathewkol

Any suggestions for when you have two profiles of the same structure?  eg an East-West street and a North-South street intersection.  Say the outlet is to the South.

For the East-West profile I want to see the inverts in this order:  W, N, S, E.

For the North-South profile I want to see the inverts in this order:  S, W, E, N.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 6
nduimering
in reply to: troma

Hi Troma,

Did you ever get the invert order you explained figured out. We have been trying to find a solution but havn't figured one out to date.

Nathan

Message 6 of 6
troma
in reply to: nduimering

If the outlet is to the right or to the left you can do it as described above.  But if it's in the middle it's a no-go.

Unless, I guess you could have more label styles set up, and use matthew's suggestion for when it in the centre, and my previous suggestion for when it is right or left....hmm I'll have to look into this.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report