Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIPE CROSSINGS

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
martin888888
796 Views, 3 Replies

PIPE CROSSINGS

I am trying to bring pipe crossings into my profile and they are coming in as shown on the attachment.  How do I get them to just show as an oval where it crosses my line only instead of the entire length of pipe? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In the toolspace, create a new Pipe Style and on the display tab, change the "View Direction:" to "Profile". Then set the "Crossing Pipe Inside Wall" and "Crossing Pipe Outside Wall" visibility to ON and the rest to off. If you want the pipe to be hatched between the inner and outer walls, set the "Crossing Pipe Hatch" visibility to ON.

Now back in the drawing, select the Profile View and choose "Profile View Properties" from the ribbon.

In the "Profile View Properties" dialogue, choose the "Pipe Network" tab. Locate the pipe you want to show as crossing and click on the check box in the "Style Override" column. In the "Pick Pipe Style" dialogue, choose the new pipe style you created above and click "OK". Click "OK" on the "Profile View Properties" dialogue and the pipe should now show as an oval.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 4

Thanks a ton, very helpful.  I have a question for you; I was a long time softdesk and LDD user and got away from it for 4-5 years while on the management end.  I recently taught myself Civil 3D 2010 and am fairly proficient in it.  I still dont fully know the grading and piping modules and need to come on here quite a bit to ask elementry questions.  I work for a very large company and they are very odd on paying for training for AutoCadd.  I am looking for training software to buy to refer too when needed and came acroiss the below.  have you ever heard of it?  Any recomendation on software like this to purchase or better ways to get training on this. Thanks!!!

http://www.agtcad.com/products/training/grading.htm

Message 4 of 4

Have you tried the tutorials that ship with civil 3d?

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report