AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
KevinSpear_PE
Message 1 of 3 (353 Views)

PDF viewport layer control

353 Views, 2 Replies
03-07-2012 09:25 AM

If you have more than one PDF overlay, you might put them on separate layers.  Generally speaking in this case, the PDF extents overlap so when i plot different sheets, I would want only a single PDF to be visible.

So, my first thought was to freeze the layers of unwanted PDFs in the viewport.  Except, once i did that, nothing happened.  So, i guess i have to manually freeze the layer when plotting each sheet?  I then can't publish the layouts as the appropriate PDF's won't be visible.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: PDF viewport layer control

03-07-2012 12:13 PM in reply to: KevinSpear_PE
Valued Contributor
KevinSpear_PE
Message 3 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: PDF viewport layer control

03-07-2012 12:16 PM in reply to: sboon

If they were used all at the same scale, that would work. I have 2 at one scale and 3 at other scales.  Ironically, the 3 at the larger scale aren't a matchline scenario. But more of a turn of the head to focus on another area of the site.

Thanks for the reply! Good thought about clipping.  Had slipped my mind.

Thanks

Kevin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs