04-16-2012 01:55 PM in reply to: PDSF

OK, here's a sample of just one page.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 19 (890 Views)

Re: PDF Underlay prints grey

04-16-2012 02:17 PM in reply to: PDSF

Hi,

is that the resulting PDF you get after exporting the DWG to PDF or should I use this to reference it into one of my drawings and to output it as new PDF? If second then the problem of "your grey text" is that the source text (upper left text) already is grey.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
PDSF
Message 13 of 19 (884 Views)

04-16-2012 03:22 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

I appreciate your trying to help, but after a question like that I don't think there's any point in our continuing with this discussion.  Anyone else out there with any insight into this?

natureforms
Message 14 of 19 (880 Views)

04-16-2012 03:57 PM in reply to: PDSF

My earlier solution that worked for me once, failed to work several weeks later.  I dont' always have the grayed out problem, but when it occurs, I save the PDF as a PNG (or other image format) and insert it as an image.  

It is not a solution to the problem, but a way to avoid the problem until an easier solution arises.

Active Contributor
PDSF
Message 15 of 19 (877 Views)

04-16-2012 04:20 PM in reply to: natureforms

Yes natureforms, doing it as an image is sure to work and I may have to go that way.  It's just that it's about a thousand times more time efficient to reference PDFs because you can reference all of its pages at a time, rather than referencing 20 JPG's individually.  I just feel like there is a missing link here, if you'll pardon the pun.  PDFs are ubiquitous nowadays and I feel like people are successfully using them.  Thanks for your input.

Valued Contributor
usu2002
Message 16 of 19 (796 Views)

07-12-2012 09:29 AM in reply to: PDSF

I have run into this problem again.  This time the PDFADJUST didn't work for me.  I messed around with a few plot settings and discovered that when I turn off "Plot Transparency" in the plot dialog box, the PDF's print normal.  I hope that helps any of you with that problem.

Active Contributor
PDSF
Message 17 of 19 (791 Views)

07-12-2012 10:19 AM in reply to: usu2002

That is great information usu2002, thanks!  That worked for me as long as I went through the print dialog.  Printing to PDF seems to be working now--although it is still very slow, at least it does not crash or hang.

Next question, does anyone know how to get the PDF export routine (which is used by the Publish function and is about twenty times faster than printing to PDF) to ignore the transparency setting?  Thanks everyone for your contributions.

Distinguished Contributor
idmadcadder
Message 18 of 19 (496 Views)

05-10-2013 07:16 AM in reply to: PDSF

I've also confirmed that plotting with transparency on creates a faded back pdf underlay.  Unfortenatly when both are existing in a set and I am plotting the whole set through the SSM this creates a serious issue.  Is there any new insight into this issue?

Civil 3D 2011 Update 2
Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
3.20 GHz 8gb RAM
Gdubs
Message 19 of 19 (412 Views)

07-01-2013 11:33 AM in reply to: PDSF

I was having the same problem, under pdfadjust i changed it to monochrome on and my grayed out pdf problem went away. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs