Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overriding Superelevation using an Outside Lane Elevation Method

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ashleystrand
517 Views, 2 Replies

Overriding Superelevation using an Outside Lane Elevation Method

In my corridor I have used superelevation.  In a horizontal curve which has a cross slope of 4.5%, I have an intersection.  To allow for a smoother ride through a few lanes in the intersection I want to change the cross slope from 4.5% to 1%.  I was planning on doing this by using a Outside Lane Elevation Method of a Profile.  However, it appears that my super has precedence over my profile.  Is there are way to make this work?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: ashleystrand

Not positive if this is necessary as I haven't messed around with super much in C3D but, if you don't find another way of doing it you could always create a new region with an assembly that isn't using the super and target the elevations.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3

I would change the lane slope by changing the super elevation within the intersection by adding a user defined super elevation region to the alignment. This will allow you to make the transition from your current super to the desired super.

Cheers,

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report