Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Geometry Point and Major Station Alignment Labels

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tom
Enthusiast
1817 Views, 5 Replies

Overlapping Geometry Point and Major Station Alignment Labels

Using Civil 3d 2012, if we are labeling both the major stations as well as geometry points of our centerline alignment, is there a way to control what happens when a geometry point falls on a major station?  For example, if there is a tangent-tangent intersection that happens to occur at station 5+00, is there a way to only see the Geometry Point Label and not the one single Major Station Label at 5+00?  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tom

you can ctrl pick station 5+00 and delete it. Maybe someone could wright a fancy expression.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe:

I don't think you can wright a wong!

Bill

Message 4 of 6
tom
Enthusiast

Joe,

Thanks so much.  I didn't know I could do that. 

As an extension of my original question, is there a way to modify or format the text in a single alignment label.  For example, If I used the control delete and erased the Major Station Label at 5+00, but the text for the Geometry Point Label at PI 5+00 happened to be on top of a manhole.  If there was no good place to drag the label that was out of the way of any other important feature or line work, is there a way to say insert a line break in the text, or maybe change the size of the text for that one single label?  If not, I guess I could use the control + delete and just manually create a label for that one point.

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

CTRL+Select, right-click or select from ribbon, Edit Label Text

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
tom
Enthusiast

Duh... I keep forgetting to look at the ribbon.  Thanks so much, you all have been great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report