Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional Properties for Pipes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ccookusi
699 Views, 3 Replies

Optional Properties for Pipes

Back in 2010, I created several optional properties in pipes for labeling purposes.

The file I modified is: AeccPartParamCfg.xml

I have migrated this file to 2011, 2012, 2013 without any issue.

In 2014, I am getting a runtime error for one of the optional properties and therfore that option is no longer working.

Has anyone else created optional properties and run into problems in 2014?

Works fine in all my previous releases of Civil 3D using the same parameter file.

Attached is the Parameter file and error at startup.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bill_Myron
in reply to: ccookusi

I have had thios problem too. Same error on start up. I have looked into it, appears that it really doesnt affect anything but more of an annoyance.

Finally got mine to work by doing this:

In the file AeccPartParamCfg.xml remove the lines in the "Part Properties" that pertain to the custom properties you have. in your case it would be
"<AeccDfParameter name="Covr" desc="Cover" context="Cover" index="0" datatype="String" usage="String_Name" unit="" visible="True" internal="True" />"

Now we need to add a line to the AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml in your pipes folder. (or the structure folder. Whatever property you are adding.)

<ColumnConstList desc="Cover" dataType="string" unit="" name="Covr" id="CCL1" visible="1" context="Cover" index="0">
  <Item id="i0">Standard</Item>
 </ColumnConstList>

In the Item id=0 part, you can either make your list here, or in the individual part xml.

Here is a link to another thread that might help you as well.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/PIpe-Catalog-Runtime-Part-Parameter-Con...

Message 3 of 4
ccookusi

I think we are talking about 2 different things.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/assigning-optional-properties-to-a-part-size.html

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 4 of 4
Bill_Myron

I had tried changing that as well, but the error still appeared.

When I changed the xml files, the error went away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report