Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening file gets stuck at 50% synchronizing references for 5+ minutes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
randoshadow
1117 Views, 4 Replies

Opening file gets stuck at 50% synchronizing references for 5+ minutes

I have a file that looks like it is going to open nice and fast and then it gets stuck at 50% synchronizing references. It literally takes over 5 minutes for the file to come completly up and ready to work on.

In the file I have an existing ground surface data reference and two corridors (with alignments, profiles and profiles views) that are basic access roads roughly 1200' long each with a very basic assembly. I also have a pipe network data referenced that is just a bunch of pipes that represent existing utilities crossing the access road so I can show them in cross sections. The final thing I have in here are 50' cross sections for each of these access roads.

so.... why does it take me 5+ minutes to get into this file?

has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Randy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: randoshadow

Normally to answer questions of this nature the writer should give information that may be helpful.  Notice the info that will appear below my name.  It only has to be done one time in the above right, MY SETTINGS.

So for now I will say that you need to place your cross sections in another drawing file.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
randoshadow
in reply to: wfberry

yeah, sorry about that...

here is my setup

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia Quadro 380LP
8 GB Ram
i5 750 @ 2.8 GHz
Civil 3D 2011 (latest service pack)

I really just want to know what causes fiules to get hung up on sycronizing references. It doesnt happen a lot by I have had it happen a few times.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: randoshadow

I am still sticking with keeping cross sections in drawings by themselves.  The main reasons for me is I usually have my sections on a quite different scale than my Plan and Profile sheets and they are memory hogs.

The next time it begins to run rather slow, look and listen for your Hard Drive rattling along which means you have run out of memory and it has to page out to the Hard Drive.  All those sections are going to  S L O O O W   you way d o w n.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
randoshadow
in reply to: wfberry

the cross sections were what  was my thinking was causing it too, I usually keep the sections in thier own file but I am jumping on this project after this was already created.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report