I hate to ask such a simple question, but for the life of me I cannot find where or how to even open the Subassembly Composer.
I installed it... I think... at least it said it installed and never gave me an error message. Is it a stand-alone program? Is it within Acad?
Hmmm. It's not there. The program is listed as being installed when I check the "remove programs" list for the computer, but there is nothing either on the desktop or the start menu under Autodesk or as a stand-alone.
Unfortunately, the 'remove programs' list will not let drag it to the desktop and create a shortcut, either.
Using Windows Explorer browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Subassembly Composer 2012 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Subassembly Composer 2013, depending on version. Then locate the SubassemblyComposer.exe file, right cllck, Create Shortcut. You will be warned (if using Vista or Win7) that it can't create the shortcut there, would you like to create it on the desktop, respond Yes. You can then copy that to the start menu.
I'm at a loss.
- I could not find the *.exe file
- I uninstalled the program, then reinstalled the program. Everything on both the uninstall and the reinstall seemed to go without a hitch.
- Still nothing in the Start Menu. Still showed up in the Uninstall Programs in Control Panel. Still could not find the program.
- Did a search of my entire hard drive... all of them... and the *.exe file did not show up anywhere. It still shows in the Uninstall Programs in Control Panel, however.
Yes, I am at a loss.
1. Uninstall the SAC from the Control Panel > Prog and Feat.
2. Disable the UAC prior to the install. This can be done by opening the Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Change User Account Control settings and turning it to the lowest level.
3. Fully enable the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off and make sure that all three boxes for .NET 3.5 SP1 are checked.
4. Add the following policy for Windows Installer to the registry (or just rename the extension of the attached .txt file to .reg, and double click on the file to enter the info into the registry):
There is additional information about this Windows Installer policy at:
Microsoft recommends that the policy be set back to "0" upon completion of the install maintenance so you might need to browse out to this key at the end to reset to "0".
5. From the Control Panel > PRograms and Features, run the C3D Reinstall.
6. Then launch the SAC install again, by Right click, "Run as Admin"
Hope this helps!
I am still at a loss. I did everything, including the re-install, and I get the same results.
ETA: I even tried to re-install again, without having uninstalled first, and it told me everything was configured fine. Yet, no sign of the *exe file, or anything.
I have the same problem.
FWIW, I never was able to resolve the 2012 problem, even with Autodesk's help. It did load just fine with 2013, though.
I have the same problem, also. Where do you download SAC vs 2013? I've looked all over the subscription center and can't find it. Tried to reinstall. Never asks about SAC.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register