Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more Ribbon color problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jmclefresh
574 Views, 9 Replies

One more Ribbon color problem

I first started using your CAD programs when it was stored on 5 1/4' floppy drives. Since then I have used ever Version but 2015 is presenting my greatest challenge so far. I, like many males am color blind and if I can't find a way to change the colors in your new ribbon I will not be able to use the program. If I can't use the program I can not do my job. So I ask you, how can I change the colors in your wonderful new ribbon? Is software protected from ADA? What can we do?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
MarySeufert
in reply to: jmclefresh

Have you tried changing the color scheme? Might not help, but it is worth a try.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2015/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-change-from-D...

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 10
jmclefresh
in reply to: MarySeufert

Yes, that was the first thing I did.  All the colors there are fine except one. I can't read the Tab names. Just a small problem.

Is there a way to chamge the font from black to white?

Or change the background color? 

I can remember the first time I looked at the circles with numbers mande from different color dots.  They said tell me the number you see.  I replyed what number.

Message 4 of 10
Pointdump

J,

Can you post a Screen Shot of what you'd like to change?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 10
jmclefresh
in reply to: Pointdump

No use talking about the "Dark view" that option has so many problems I placed it on disregard first thing. The "Light view" only has one major problem. I can't see the Tab names 'til I select it or run the mouse across the text or Tab. I have three options: Remember the location of each tab and never add or delete a Tab; Select each Tab 'til I find the one I need; Find a way to change the contrast between the Text and the back ground. Which sounds easer?
Message 6 of 10
MarySeufert

I don't think there is an easy way to change any color of the ribbon interface. I know some modifications can be done, see this link. Although this blog was an April Fools joke, in the comments it shows that the UI can be modified in some ways. I would suggest contacting your reseller to see if they can create some custom code specific to your needs.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 7 of 10
jmclefresh

The area in red is what I can not see.
Message 8 of 10
jmclefresh

one more try
Message 9 of 10
MarySeufert
Message 10 of 10
htls69
in reply to: MarySeufert

i am also color blind and i also i have a huge problem with the color of the title of tabs of the ribbon also they are real hard to read

Allen Robberson
Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report