AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
smarkel
Message 1 of 3 (669 Views)
Accepted Solution

Offset Alignments Go Crazy

669 Views, 2 Replies
10-25-2012 08:49 AM

I have a centerline alignment with two offset alignments that reference it (road edge).  At the curves throughout the 3+ mile segment I manually added widening to the offset alignments at the curves.  I now need to go back and add additional curves to the centerline alignment.  I'm trying to do this by adding additional PI's to create a new tangent where I want the curve, then deleting this tangent and adding in the new curve.  When I delete the new tangent sub entity my offset alignments get cut off at end of the alignment (where I deleted the tangent).  This causes all of the widenings I had created to be bunched up at the section of remaining CL Alignment.  When I build a new curve through the deleted portion and re-establish the alignment to its full original length the offset widenings do not re-associate to their original stationing (they remain bunched up at the first few hundred feet.

Is there a way to add curves to the alignment without losing the stationing for my curve widening on the offset alignments?  I attached a screenshot of what happens to my offsets (red) when I delete a section of the CL alignment, the widening remains all bunched up when I reconnect the original alignment.

Active Contributor
adam.bishop
Message 2 of 3 (662 Views)

Re: Offset Alignments Go Crazy

10-25-2012 09:38 AM in reply to: smarkel

Don't delete the tangent, use Free Curve Fillet and select the two entities you want to fillet then enter the radius.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
AMD FirePro V7900
12 GB Ram
Xeon E5620 @ 2.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2010
Contributor
smarkel
Message 3 of 3 (650 Views)

Re: Offset Alignments Go Crazy

10-25-2012 09:52 AM in reply to: adam.bishop

Thanks Adam, figured this out just a few minutes ago.  Overthinkg it as usual!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs