Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Visable When Layer Turned Off

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
348 Views, 4 Replies

Object Visable When Layer Turned Off

For some reason points are still visable when the layer they are on is turned off. Also the layer is green but the point is red. Color is set to ByLayer.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

Think of a point as a block; the point goes one one layer and the objects that control the display of the point can go on their own layer (just like linework in a block). If you turn off the layer the point is on, that doesn't necessarly turn off all layers associated with the point. 

Go into the point style and see what layers it's using (in your case the style is being assigned via the point group so look for it there). On the display tab, you'll probably see something like this:

As you can see, the marker within this point is being displayed according to the layer "V-NODE". If you want a style to display according to the layer and the properties of the point itself, set up a "By Block" style, like this:

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

I guess before I loaded C3D 2014 I must of had a lot of setting the way I wanted them and have forgotten how I had gotten it that way.

I checked the pt style and no layer is assigned. I'm not sure why. Suppose I want to use Basic for points in different groups and those different groups I want on different layers. How can I make it so that all the point features end up being on the the layer the points get imported to.

I remember this being automatic before.

Thanks

BTW how do you get your screen shots to appear in your post without having to include them as attachments?

Message 4 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

That's an Expert Elite secret...LOL.  Naw, just click the Insert/Edit Image button between the hyperlink button and bullets.  Looks like the button has a tree on it.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

Here's how I upload images to the discussion groups:

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report