Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAP to CORRIDOR FEATURE LINE 2009 - HELP NEEDED! - raise/lower GRADING GROUP?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
annw2
457 Views, 2 Replies

OSNAP to CORRIDOR FEATURE LINE 2009 - HELP NEEDED! - raise/lower GRADING GROUP?

HELP!

I see from other postings that I have to have a continuous feature line from the beginning of a corridor in order to extract a feature line.  That explains why I kept getting ' not a feature line" when I tried it.

I wanted to use the grading objects to create my parking lots off my corridor.  I started by snapping to the corridor feature lines that controls the grading of the parking lot.  After generating the contours from the surfaces, I noted that the contours would not match up at the intersection of the corridor. 

Osnapping a line to the corridor feature line and listing resulted in exactly the same elevation as the feature line. 

Listing the corridor surface elevation at the point resulted in a different elevation.  I noted the difference seems to be the depth of pavement.  I think the OSNAP is grabbing the subgrade elevation.

I tried raising the base feature line elevation up the depth of the pavement structure & the computer crashed.

I tried to find a function to raise the whole group, but couldn't find one.

I can try opening in 2010 at home.

Can anyone help me fix this the wrong group elevations, clarify the OSNAP's, or tell me what I should have done?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff_rivers
in reply to: annw2

To make it easier to snap to the correct corridor featureline, go to the Feature Lines tab of the Corridor Properties dialog box, and create a new unique feature line style for the feature line you wish to snap to.  Optionally, make another feature line style for all the other feature lines being created, and set them to a layer that is off. 

That will screen out all the extra featurelines for the pave 2, base, and subbase (assuming that's what they are).  You should be able to snap to the topmost featureline now. 

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 3 of 3
annw2
in reply to: annw2

Thank you.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report