Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFF TOPIC - PLOTTER QUESTION

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rkmin
325 Views, 1 Reply

OFF TOPIC - PLOTTER QUESTION

I didn't know where else to ask this but we are currently shopping for a new plotter.  

The one that came to my attention was the HP DESIGNJET Z5200 PostScript Printer.  I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this large-format plotter and how well it works with Autocad?  Our agency mainly does topographic and design drawings for roads and bridges with occassional aerial photography printing. This HP plotter prints in color which we need but I'm not sure about the quality of it since I have never seen something that has been produced by it.

And if anyone else has any other suggestions for plotters, I sure would appreciate it.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmin

Better area(s) are the getting started - hardware forum, and/or the cad managers forum.

Do you need a postscript plotter?  Don't have any info on new HP's - I'm still running a designjet 500.  It works fine with Win7 & C3d.  Not fast, & not cheap with the ink cartridges, but not real expensive either.  24x36 sheet is billed out @ $2.00 a sheet.

Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report