Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null Elevations cause Point Grips to malfunction

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tcorey
293 Views, 0 Replies

Null Elevations cause Point Grips to malfunction

Consider this a post to report what might be considered a bug within the Points functionality. It has an easy workaround.

A support customer sent a drawing. When you pick a point it only has one grip. If you pick the grip, the point and label move and Civil 3D draws non-sensical leaders.

What I found is that the affected points have Null elevation values. Not -99999 or 0.00, but no value in the field. The Point Style assigned to the points uses Point Display Mode set to Use Point Elevation. This combination is causing the problem.

The solution is to assign a Point Style that sets Point Display Mode to Flatten Points to Elevation. As a second solution, you could just assign an elevation like 0.00 or -99999 to the points, but many don't like doing that for horizontal control points.

You can create a Point Group of these Null elevation points by including All Points and then excluding points with elevations within the range of your data.

I have forwarded this issue to Autodesk, but I thought my friends here might also benefit from this information.

Best regards to all,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report