Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Annotative Dimension Style Affected by Drawing Annotation Scale?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Okkin94
746 Views, 9 Replies

Non Annotative Dimension Style Affected by Drawing Annotation Scale?

I have all my multileader and dimension styles set up for scales 10 - 60 in a template file. Each style has a "Dim Scale Overall" set in the style definition. Multileaders seem to be set by what ever scale is specified in the style. However, the dimension style scale seems to be overridden by whatever annotation scale the drawing is using at the time. For example: if the dimension and multileader style are set to 20 scale and annotation scale of the drawing is set to 1" = 30', multileaders will still be drawn at a 'dim scale overall' of 20, while dimensions are automatically scaled up with a 'dim scale overall' of 30. Is there a setting in the dimension style that will keep dimensions from being overridden by the drawing annotation scale so they act like the multileaders??
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Okkin94

Se;ect the dim. Go to the properties dialog and look for the Annotative field. Set it to No.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Okkin94
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Annotative field is already set to no.
Message 4 of 10
jmayo-EE

It should not respond to scale chenges them if it is a dimension. R u sure it's not a C3D label?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
awood

I have seen, and received questions, about this same "feature".

If you have a non-annotative dimension style set current, and change the Civil 3D scale, it creates a <style override> and sets that as the Overall scale in the Fit tab of the dimension style.

I've had clients complain about that behavior, but haven't figure out why it does that to a non-annotative dimension style, or if there's a fix.

Not much help...

AWood

C3D 2014 SP2

Message 6 of 10
Okkin94
in reply to: awood

That's exactly whats happening awood. Good to know there is others who have run into this problem too. At least now I can stop digging through settings to find a hidden option to correct the issue.
Message 7 of 10
jmayo-EE

Autocad dimstyle overrides should only be triggered when dims exist in the file with manual overrides. Stop/remove the overrides (Dim Update command) and the new overrride style should not be made.

Please note my use of the word 'should' in all of my posts. I am aware that in the AutoCad world 'should' happen does not mean it actually happens. 😮

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
awood

Thanks for the reply John,

I've gone through this many times to confirm.

Although AutoCAD "shouldn't" it creates a Dimstyle override , in a non-annotative dimstyle, anytime the C3D scale changes.

Not sure if this is "as-designed" or how it's procedurally explained.

See a screencast of what we're talking about.

http://screencast.com/t/e1qqICUxNRr

Thanks,

AWood

C3D 2014 SP2

Message 9 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: awood

I always have non anno styles current and have not seen this. I am wondering if it happens in an empty dwg. Nothing in it but the non anno dim style, set current. No dim objects drawn anywhere in the file.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
Hidden_Brain

seems to happen in files with dimensions drawn as well for me, using ver2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report