Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No profile is drawn in the profile view- Update

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eyescast
252 Views, 3 Replies

No profile is drawn in the profile view- Update

Hello again Tim,

I have yet to produce a profile. I created a polyline and turned it into an alignment. please check what I'm doing wrong. Earlier your email mentioned...."

Looking at alignment Sample(3), I see that it is not superimposed over your surface. The polylines are, but the alignment is not. That will disallow creation of a surface profile.

Is the sample5 an alignment that sits on the surface? how come there is still no profile?

Please check my attachment. This shouldn't be too hard but i'm not getting it right...

Thanks.

J. Cruz

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: eyescast

You really need to open up the Tutorials listed in Help (click on the "?" mark at top.)

or 

Get some training.

Bill

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Something is strange with the alignment you have created.  Its almost as if there is nothing there.  You can select it, but there is no physical line.  Try and redraw the alignment, then create profile and profile view as you have done before.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: eyescast

You have the layers used by the alignment, profile, alignment style, and profile style all turned off. Try turning them on and both the alignment and profile will 'magically' appear.

C-ROAD-CNTR

C-ROAD-CURV

C-ROAD-PROF

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report