Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Elevation When Hovering Over a Surface

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
BZ2013
20731 Views, 10 Replies

No Elevation When Hovering Over a Surface

I have created a surface, when I hover over a contour on it I used to get name,style, layer, elevation.  Now I get them all except elevation, I didn't change anything (not on purpose at least) in my drawings does any one know of a reason for this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
sboon
in reply to: BZ2013

Open the Properties dialog for your surface and check that the Tooltip option is turned on.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 11
Neilw_05

Open the Civil 3D surface properties dialogue (not the Autocad Properties pallete). On the lower left corner of the Information tab there is a toggle Show Tool tips. Make sure that is on.

If it is then you'll need to check your global settings for the file and for your Civil 3D user profile or workspace.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 11
RandyBenson
in reply to: Neilw_05

I've got no elevations when hovering over my surface either. The tooltip option is turned on in surface properties and in options-display-show rollover Tool Tips. It is set in my profile. Still no elevations. Anything else I can try?
Message 5 of 11
RandyBenson
in reply to: RandyBenson

Whatever is going on is drawing-specific. I have other drawings that I can open simultaneously with this one where the elevations do display on hover.
Message 6 of 11
troma
in reply to: RandyBenson

Check what layers are frozen. I think you need to have the surface layer thawed (probably C-TOPO, but try others too).

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 11
RandyBenson
in reply to: troma

I could've sworn I checked frozen layers, but yeah, turning V-TOPO on did the trick.
Message 8 of 11
dbinkney
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks, I have been looking up how to turn those elevation hovers off since I so many surfaces loaded it was slowing things down

Message 9 of 11
rai.parfait

In addition the the settings mentioned in other comments, I also had to DRAWORDER my surface to the front. 

Message 10 of 11
jmayo-EE
in reply to: troma

Ah yes, the beauty of the NCS template. No layer control for your surface (try IsolateLayer) but you still need to manage two layers. Even more when you add labels. Twice the work for half the function!

He facetiously said... 

🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
kevin

SHOWCT is the command I forgot....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report