Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Curb Return Profiles Using Intersection Wizard

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Blessed4x
2093 Views, 5 Replies

No Curb Return Profiles Using Intersection Wizard

I'm trying to learn the intersection wizard in Civil3D.  Up until now I've been doing all my intersections by hand which has been time consuming and clunky.  The problem that I've run into is that the corridor that is created looks wonderful expect that the wizard did not create curb return profiles.  Instead, all my curb returns are at elevation 0.  As far as I can tell, everything is complete and the rest of the intersection looks fine.  Any idea what could cause this?  I've studied the whitepapers on the subject but have not found any place where I deviate from what is being shown.  I am using the standard assemblies that come stock with Civil 3D.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a .jpg showing the lack of curb returns profiles.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JRedell
in reply to: Blessed4x

Did you ever come up with a solution to this?

JRedell, PLS
Erlandsen
Civil3d 2012
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz
Win7 64bit
Quadro FX1700 (Driver 265.70)
8GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
klugb
in reply to: JRedell

Are you trying to create a 4-way or Tee intersection? I ran into this when creating a 4-way.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 6
JRedell
in reply to: klugb

I'm trying to create a 4-way intersection. The main road offset profiles show up like they're supposed to, but the curb return alignments are created with either a blank profile or no profile at all. I've been having to just use the intersection object to create all the alignments and then manually create the curb return profiles.

JRedell, PLS
Erlandsen
Civil3d 2012
Win7 64bit
8GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
klugb
in reply to: JRedell

I was told by Autodesk support that it was the way my alignments were setup was causing the problem. Do you have only (2) alignments that cross or more than (2)?

I had one East-West and one starting at the intersection running north with another one at the intersection running south, so the beginning point of each N-S alignment was the intersection point.

I had to merge the N-S alignments into one continuous one that crosses the E-W one. I explained to Autodesk my unhappiness with this requirement because we always have our alignments setup this way starting at the mainline with 10+00 and going either North or South being upstation as you move away from centerline.

After complaining, I tested it and it does work correctly now based on the new alignment setup.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 6 of 6
JRedell
in reply to: klugb

Ah I see......I do in fact have 1 alignment for the main road and the side roads are two separate alignments. Having the cross roads be a single alignment really doesn't work all that well in a subdivision so I'll likely have to just keep doing it the way I am now. Thanks for the info!!

JRedell, PLS
Erlandsen
Civil3d 2012
Win7 64bit
8GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report