Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to add delta label in profile view at grade breaks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rlarance
2878 Views, 5 Replies

New to add delta label in profile view at grade breaks

Can anyone tell me how to add the delta to a label style at grade breaks in the profile view?  Do I need to create an expression to accomplish this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sboon
in reply to: rlarance

Do you want the delta as an angle, or would the grade change parameter work for you? 

Grade change is one of the parameters that you can add to a profile label.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 6
rlarance
in reply to: sboon

Delta as an angle.  I'm guessing I will need to create an expression using grade in and grade out?

Message 4 of 6
rlarance
in reply to: sboon

had to write an expression

ATAN({Grade In})-ATAN({Grade Out})

seems to work.

Message 5 of 6
sboon

Watch out for grade changes where your profile goes through the horizontal.  You could find that it's switching between positive and negative values.

I did it using  ATAN(ABS({Grade Change}))

It seems to almost get it right but when I check it by drawing some angular dimensions on the profile I am noticing small errors.  The error seems to get worse as the amount of grade change increases - for example at a delta of 88 degrees the error is 0.3

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Change the block name for the marker to AeccTick Triangle for the Grade Break in your Profile style.  See attached, Is this what you are looking for?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report